Saturday 14 March 2009

Surviving the NCT

Husbandio did very well indeed today, and survived a six hour NCT class. It was quite long, I must admit, but I think he enjoyed meeting the other dads, and in fact felt almost like a celebrity since he was the only one who wasn't a first time dad. He even discovered that he and one of the others guys have a friend in common - small world indeed.

It wasn't too bad a day although it did drag a bit since the NCT teacher is overly fond of her own voice. We did some massage stuff, which neither of us found terribly helpful, mainly because I'm not desperately keen on massage-type things. We did also do foot rubs and hand massages which I did like, so for me it was worth it just for that! The other thing I found useful was the breast-feeding video and chat - it just made me remember useful stuff, and started to focus my mind on what I think I need to do in order not to repeat the weeks of tears and agony which I went through last time. Sometimes I wonder how the human race survived, given the number of women that find breast-feeding difficult and give up. It's natural, but it ain't easy. Unless you like the sensation of repeatedly slamming your nipples in a door and then holding the door shut. Five or six times a day, for about twelve weeks. I mean that, I really did find it that painful - my toes used to curl every time Isabel latched on to feed, it was just agonising. I hope that this time I shall be able to do it better - forewarned is forarmed, as they say. Or fore-bosomed, as the case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment