Monday 2 March 2009

Judging my own performance

I've now been blogging for two months, so it's time to look back on February's stats, and see what's changed over January. As they say on the X Factor, "the results are in, the votes have been counted and verified..." (drum roll please)
  • 167 visits from 69 unique visitors (up from 84 visits from 35 unique visitors in January)
  • 217 page views (up from 132 page views in January)
  • Average time spent on site: 41 seconds (down from 1 min 59 seconds - boo.....!)
  • Best day: 13 visitors on Feb 18th (up from 10 visits on 28 Jan)
So, clearly the good news is that my audience is growing. In numbers, not size (although I am growing in size and not yet in numbers, which is ironic). The bad news is that they're not spending as much time on the site. My initial reaction was to be a bit disappointed, but then I realised that maybe this is a compliment - if people are visiting every day, they only need to read one post, which wouldn't take too long unless I've had a particularly windbaggy day. So I shall reserve judgment for now, and wait to see if average time spent changes significantly for March. I also want to understand better what made Feb 18th such a good day in terms of visitor numbers (I think it may have been that my friend MJ linked to me from her blog the day before, so I may well owe her a Manhattan by way of thanks!).

Anyway, Constant Reader (hope Stephen King hasn't trademarked that phrase), thanks for being with me on the journey. My intention is to continue writing every day - I'm sure I can achieve this in March, but can I do it in April? Will I be blogging through the contractions?! Will we decide to do a live streaming video of Pumpkin's entry into the world? Don't worry, I think you're safe there.....

1 comment:

  1. If you want more people to stay longer on your site you need to add more to it like photos, comments, books you are reading, music listening to, an about me page - things like that. Therefore I would recommend changing to Wordpress from Blogger :)

    Honestly I don't have shares in Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete