Saturday 21 March 2009

A bit of peace and quiet

This is the second weekend in a row that Isabel has been away over Saturday night - last weekend she stayed at my dad's, this weekend it's my mum's turn. Gawd bless grandparents. I was anticipating a nice couple of hours of peace this afternoon while Husbandio drove the girl over to my mum's, perhaps some Desperate Housewives and a nap, but the electricians were here fixing various problems and installing the downlighters in the kitchen. I just couldn't nap or even really laze around with other people in the house, despite being officially eight months pregnant as of today, so I ended up dusting the whole house, and washing the floor in the hall, which was in a truly disgusting state after three weeks of people working in the kitchen. Luckily after that Husbandio came home and the electricians left, so I've been napping in front of the rugby, which reminds me of old times - I always did like a nap in front of an afternoon of sport.

Not having Isabel here does make sitting down a possibility - with her here, I find I'm always on the move. This is more my fault than hers - I just feel guilty sitting down and doing nothing, even when heavily pregnant. Ridiculous, I know. And she's such a bundle of energy that this can be really draining - she's just continually moving or speaking, and there's no off switch. I wonder when this changes and she'll become a lumpen teenager who won't shift off the couch. I'll be complaining about that too no doubt in years to come.

For today though, I shall enjoy a few more minutes of sitting down, then I'm going to clean the bathrooms while Husbandio does the hoovering. I really need to get a cleaner - we used to have one and I miss it. Might have to re-jig the family budget to squeeze that in, it's seeming like a better idea the more I think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment