Thursday 19 March 2009

Everybody needs some pampering

When we went to the all day NCT class the other day one of the things we had to do was massage, and the only things I really liked were the foot massage and the hand massage. I must have intimacy issues, since the whole head massage thing, which some people just love, leaves me cold. I quite like back massage although the last time I had a proper back massage was during the period when I was still breastfeeding Isabel, and the idea now just reminds me of being unbelievably uncomfy, since lying on your stomach with rapidly filling bosoms is just unpleasant. Maybe hands and feet is OK because they're both extremities, so my personal space isn't too threatened. I think not liking head massage is down to the whole curly hair thing - anyone fiddling with my head just makes me look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Anyway, I'm interested to see who Isabel is going to take after in this regard, since Husbandio is a great fan of all kinds of massage. We had a little mini pamper session the other night which she seemed to enjoy, so perhaps she's a Daddy's girl in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment