Friday 27 March 2009

Finishing work

I've now finished work for six months - marvellous! The idea of six months off seems bizarre somehow, and October feels like miles away, although I'm sure it'll be here before I know it. It's a bit anti-climactic finishing work when you work at home - no fireworks and big hugs, but simply a closing of the laptop. And then opening it again because I forgot something, obviously. But I'm off into town later on for a few drinks with some colleagues which will be nice. I just wish I could get there without travelling for over an hour, but there we go, can't be helped.

Next important thing is to make sure that Pumpkin doesn't arrive too early since I'm looking forward to having some time next week to get myself ready and to do some non-child related activities! Also, since I've pulled another rib muscle I'd quite like that to heal before her arrival, since the concept of being in labour with pulled rib muscles doesn't bear thinking about. Bring on the drugs!

One thing I have done today is to do less - even emptying the dishwasher left me needing a little sit down, so I think this is definitely the way forward. Course, now I'm commuting into town for drinks, which is a bit contradictory. Might be the last time for a good long while though, so am determined to have a nice evening out while I still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment