Sunday 27 September 2009

When did weekends stop being relaxing?

Don't get me wrong, I've had a lovely weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it, but now I'm pooped! I remember the days when weekends meant getting up late (OK, I was never good at that, getting up at around 8.30am was always a lie-in for me!), watching several hours of TV which I'd recorded during the week, having an afternoon nap later on, and generally chilling out.

I know that the answer to my question is "when you had kids, you idiot, what did you expect?!", but I don't think I was prepared for the state of perpetual motion that weekends have become. This weekend was typical - took Isabel to ballet class from 11.15-12.15 on Saturday, with Emsy. Home for lunch while Emsy napped, then back into action - feeding, walk down the hill to the library, the chocolate shop and the park, more feeding, dinner, bathtimes and then general parental collapse. Today was slightly more chilled - quick trip to Sainsbury's, friends round for lunch with their toddler and small baby (9 weeks old and heavier than lil' Emily I think!), then homework with Isabel, dinner, bath and bed. Oh, and in amongst all this, Husbandio moved bunk beds from my dad's house to here, and a load of furniture to his sister's new place in London - this took him ALL DAY yesterday so he was properly shattered.

However, even though I'm tired I wouldn't have changed it - the girls have been lovely, I spent quality time with some good friends, I didn't spend too much money, and we have a tidy playroom. And a new bed for Isabel - she seems pretty chuffed with it, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment