Monday 21 September 2009

Breaking the habit

Emily is now in her own room, which is a momentous event for us, even if not for her. The joy of going to bed and reading for ten minutes before turning out the light, rather than creeping in under the cover of darkness, holding my breath and sliding silently under the duvet, then waiting in trepidation to see if I've disturbed her, can barely be overstated.

BUT. You knew there had to be a but. Ever since having a cold two weeks ago, she's developed a terrible habit of waking up at 1am to feed, and then she can't sleep much longer than about 5.30am. Feeding her twice in the night is not ideal, to say the least. Last night I managed to settle her again until about 6.45am, but just being woken up twice a night is really grinding me down. I'm OK all day until about 6.30pm and then I struggle through dinner, bathtime, final feed and stories for Isabel. After that, I only have enough brain power for an episode of the X Factor. And that's not much brain power at all. And it often makes me cry, which is pathetic. Can I still blame that on hormones? Anyway, apologies for weak blogging, I'll try to maybe write earlier in the day tomorrow when more than 10% of my brain still works...

No comments:

Post a Comment