Saturday 12 September 2009

A small adventure

I know, I know, every day with kids is an adventure. Today, however, Emily and I went off on our own mini-adventure, venturing down a hitherto unexplored public footpath. Husbandio and elsdest daughter were off on a mystery mission to Costco, so after Ems had woken up from her nap and had some milk we set off. I took my camera since it was a beautiful Indian summer day, and here are the highlights...

As we set off, I spotted this tree in our neighbour's garden, and it looked beautiful against the sky.

Since the berries looked so nice, I decided to see if I could find any other berries or fruit along the way. Just a few paces later I came across this schizophrenic bush:

Further down the road we came across someone growing grapes, which was a bit of a surprise.

Finding a damson tree was only to be expected:

And sloes of course (while I love sloe gin I'm not sure I can be bothered to pick and prick all the necessary sloes!)

And, of course, the ubiquitous blackberries.

After all this fruit-spotting excitement, we came across a public footpath sign, and soon found ourselves venturing down a mysterious path...

Unfortunately, at the end, we came across a small difficulty which prevented us going any further.

Which was a pity, since it looked beautiful.

However, it all proved rather too much excitement for young Emsy.

When we got home, we decided to have some chilling time in the hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment