Monday 14 September 2009

Mobile living

Although I love a gadget, I've never been big into mobile phones. I just want a phone that allows me to make and receive calls, send texts and, if I'm really lucky, take photos that don't look as if the phone was hidden inside a pair of tights when the picture was taken. However, I don't like being ripped off, and when I realised last week that I was spending about £35-40 a month on half an hour of phone calls and 70-odd texts, while Husbandio spends £25 for bloody hours on the phone and loads of texts, I got cross. Of course, it's not in the mobile phone company's interest to put me on a better tariff if I haven't had the nous to notice that I'm getting stiffed, but that's not the point. It's just rude.

So, tonight I resolved to sort it out. With Husbandio's help of course - he's great at sorting out these kinds of things, and having him on speakerphone clinched me a better deal than I would otherwise have got. That, and calling the company in question just before their lines closed - the guy was desperate to go home! So, I now have a £25 monthly tariff discounted to just under £10, and a shiny new phone. Not a very exciting phone, but a new phone nonetheless. And I'm no longer being ripped off. So, while I have a bit of a headache from all the hard work involved, I'm feeling at peace with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment