Wednesday 16 September 2009

Online shopping brings out the worst in me

Understandably, I haven't been out much recently on any exciting shopping expeditions. No, Husbandio, Sainsbury's doesn't count. While I was still working I was pregnant so there was no point buying any new clothes, and now I'm skint since statutory maternity pay comes nowhere near my actual salary. Plus, shopping with kids in tow is not much of a pleasure. We went to the new Westfield shopping centre over the summer holidays which looks marvellous, but dragging small people round naturally curtailed the amount of time we could spend there.

Anyway, one really annoying habit which I have is that I am pretty tight with money. Or at least, I don't mind spending it, but it can take me ages to decide whether I definitely want to spend the money on something. And the more expensive the item, the worse the problem - it took me forever to finally get an iPod Touch although I really wanted one, and even then it was a birthday present! Anyway, online shopping only serves to fuel this because (a) I always feel I can get the desired item cheaper on another site and (b) it's really easy to prevaricate and ultimately fail to buy whatever it is, or find it's gone out of stock.

The latest thing is that I've seen a Boden coat which I really want but, despite a 12% discount voucher plus free P&P I just can't decide whether to get it. I probably will in the end, but I'll tiptoe around the decision for ages. We also need a highchair for Emsy and I've seen a great one, at a good price, in Asda, but I still can't quite press "Buy" - why is this? Maybe it's the worry that it won't quite be what I want and then it'll be a pain in the arse to return, or maybe it's just that I'm cheap. I don't really need any comments in response to that though....!

1 comment:

  1. Buy the coat - it is cool! And while you are at it there is a skirt that I quite like on there :)

    ReplyDelete