Tuesday 1 September 2009

Crafty stuff

I've probably mentioned before, but I'm not really one for craft. I'm not terribly artistic, and Isabel's pictures now are pretty much as good as mine are! She got quite a lot of craft-type presents for her birthday, and we've played with quite a few of them now.

So far, my favourite by a country mile is Hama beads. You place small cylinders onto a peg board, complete a picture, and if you like it, you iron it and the pegs all melt together and hey presto, art! I like it because it's simple, clean (not like painting!) and you can produce something pretty cool looking without too much effort. We all like it actually - some evenings Husbandio, Isabel and I have all been gathered round the coffee table, being creative. We've been working hard on our Hama beads, and below are some of our best creations.


The close second in my book are Connecta Straws. I remember playing with these when I was a kid, and I still like them! We made a little family, although they needed a little help to sit up!


We'll be moving on to making windchimes and friendship bracelets soon - and of course expanding our Hama bead repertoire. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment