Monday 7 September 2009

Developing a sense of irony

I have a cold. I haven't had one in ages and, as if to make up for lost time, this one is a corker. I've been streaming all afternoon, walking around the house miserably clutching half a toilet roll and a Vicks inhaler. I caught it from Isabel who must have picked it up on Thursday when she went back to school - she was runny-nosed all weekend, while I only started today.

At least I have company - Husbandio and Emily have also got the dreaded lurgy. Poor Ems - at one point today she got herself into such a state that her face was just covered with tears, dribble and snot. She had no idea how to cope, so just fell asleep eventually. There's my girl.

After I'd fed Emily and put her to bed tonight I went in to read a final story to Isabel. Who, with a gleam in her eye, handed me a Charlie and Lola book entitled "I'm Really Ever So Not Well", in which Lola has a terrible cold, and passes it on to Charlie. Oh, how I laughed....

No comments:

Post a Comment