Tuesday 29 September 2009

Getting the ice cube trays out again

Yup, it's that time for little Emily - getting ready for weaning. We went to a post-natal group meeting on weaning this morning which provided some useful reminders, and I'm starting to get quite excited about getting going. However, it may be a couple of weeks yet, since (a) the advice is not to start until they're six months old and that won't be until 18 October, and (b) we're off to the Emerald Isle this weekend, so I really don't want to get started until we're back. However, I'm preparing, both mentally and physically - I'm getting ready for the fact that she'll quite often reject the food that I've made (I will not take it personally this time!) and that it'll be messy. So, today I peeled, chopped, boiled and pureed five pears and filled an ice cube tray. We still don't have a high chair although I quite like a wooden one I saw in Asda so might get that - for the time being we'll be using the Bumbo chair since Emily's probably too small for a high chair yet anyway. Bless her, the little pipsqueak!

No comments:

Post a Comment