Monday 9 February 2009

Normal service is resumed

After a week of snow-induced disruption, I was hoping that today would be a day on which the order of my life was restored - child in school, husband in office, and all right with the world. And it went quite well at first - school was indeed open, although getting there was quite a challenge. The roads were just about OK, but the path to school was treacherous, covered in ice several inches deep. We picked our way along very gingerly.

Work went OK as well, and then it started raining. And raining. And raining. And it's still raining. At least we can't get flooded, since we live on the top of the hill. In another moment of normal service resumption, Isabel decided that today was a day on which she would pretend I was invisible - I felt like I had to say everything two or three times. By the end of the day this had driven me to distraction. Ignore a pregnant woman at your peril.

Anyway, this is going to be a short and rather whingy post, since we're recovering from the travails of the day by watching our new Tropic Thunder DVD. Child in bed, husband on the couch, DVD on the telly - that's the kind of normal service I was dreaming about.

No comments:

Post a Comment