Thursday 5 February 2009

The more it snows (tiddly pom)

Yup, it's another snowy post. I'd watched the weather forecast last night and thought we were meant to have a light dusting - not so. The dusting was anything but light, it may even have been heavier than Sunday night. School was cancelled, and I only knew because my neighbour phoned to tell me. The head teacher usually sends out a text, but got stuck getting to school (!) so couldn't get a message out.


Normally I love the snow, it makes me feel like a little kid. But this time it just made me grumpy because I didn't want to be disrupted yet again. Husbandio went to work (walked bravely down the massive hill to the station, past all of the stranded cars) while I was on childcare duty, and I just wasn't mentally ready. My head was all wrapped up with work, which made for a bit of a grumpy morning. We did some nice paintings though, which was fun. Slightly worrying that it's hard to tell which is mine and which is hers (other than us signing them of course!).


Luckily, in the afternoon Isabel went round to the neighbours for two hours so I managed to do some work, and Husbandio came back earlier than usual enabling me to do one more hour, so I did most of what I needed to today. I've never been good at changing plans at the last minute, and today just brought out the worst in me!

But now it's the end of the day, and I'm feeling more Winne the Pooh-ish about the whole thing, thanks largely to this gem of a poem:
The more it snows (tiddly pom)
The more it goes (tiddly pom)
The more it goes (tiddly pom)
On snowing (tiddly pom).

Thanks Pooh, for putting things in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment