Friday 27 February 2009

Friday is the new Friday

Until this week I'd worked either a three day week or a four day week for the last four years. Since I now have official permission to be a person who works from home, my hours have changed, and I'm working a four day week (i.e. 28 hours) over five days. So, 9am - 3pm most days, and some time in the evenings to catch up with those West Coast colleagues whom I can't otherwise manage to speak to.

Working a four day week I found was just right - a nice long weekend, but still a good amount of time to get stuff done in. Three days just wasn't enough to do anything productive - I always felt that the week had no sooner started than it was over again. And I used to really enjoy having Fridays off, seeing friends, or going to places like soft play centres without them being packed with schoolchildren. That's all over now though - for the next umpteen years we'll only be visiting things out of school hours, and Friday has again become the final day of the week.

This is an oddly depressing thought. But not quite as depressing as the knowledge that Husbandio, my mum and I will be spending Sunday packing up the kitchen in preparation for getting the old kitchen ripped out and a new one put in. Husbandio's depressed too, since one of his best friends moved back to South Africa today, so he's lost a good PlayStation buddy as well as a good friend. Sorry about this whingy post everyone, back to my normal cheeriness tomorrow after a good night's sleep and a day of sorting things out in the house, always perks me up (sad, I know.....).

No comments:

Post a Comment