Sunday 4 January 2009

Making a list (not a Christmas list, more's the pity)

We've done so many jobs in the last few days that we've come to realise how much more there is to do on the house.  Husband even uttered the immortal phrase "we need to make a list" - now, I need no encouraging to make a list,  it's one of the things I'm best at, so I thought I'd make it on this blog, and then I could look back at it later in the year and either cheer at how much we've done, or groan at the fact that the list still looks pretty much intact.  Here goes:

  1. Get the kitchen showroom to deliver the quote to the builder so that we can either accept it or squabble with it, and then get the new kitchen installed so that we're able to move out of the 80s timewarp we're currently living with (deadline: ASAP).
  2. Get a new garage door installed, since the current one doesn't lock.  Anyone could just wander in and make away with our bikes, which would be rubbish. (Deadline: end Feb.  Arbitrary, but it works for me).
  3. Replace the back door - it's the door we use for every day purposes, but isn't really secure enough. (Deadline: when we get the kitchen done). 
  4. Replace the radiators which are not really up to the job so the house gets heated properly. (Deadline: summer, so we can try to get a good deal on the rads!)
  5. Check out price of getting house better insulated, as is blinkin' cold. (Deadline: summer again, so is warmer for next winter).
  6. Replace the two horrendously 80s bathrooms (deadline: 2010, or even later, in reality. Sadly.....) 
  7. Decorate Pumpkin's bedroom with recently acquired Winnie the Pooh stickers and border. (Deadline: before the birth, so by end of March)
  8. Remove rockery from the front, since I have no idea how to keep it looking nice, and it blocks the front of the house.  Plant an additional small tree out front as well. (Deadline: September)
  9. Remove leylandii from right hand side of garden, liberating a good eight foot of garden which it currently takes up. And also replace fence behind leylandii which is in a terrible state but since we can't see it we haven't done anything about it. (Deadline: 2010 I think....)   
  10. Fix garden door.  Like many other doors, it doesn't close or lock properly. (Deadline: end Feb, along with other doors).
  11. Give birth to second child.  Keep both children healthy, happy, or at the least not malnourished. (Deadline: April, and then ongoing til I shuffle off this mortal coil.  After all, my mum still peels oranges for me, so I don't think this job is ending any time soon).
Good Lord, I really wish I hadn't written that now.  How scary.  I feel poor already.  Anyway, I can now look back at this post and update you all on progress (bet you can't wait!).  Don't hold your breath......

No comments:

Post a Comment