Tuesday 27 January 2009

Bounty pack disappointment

Since Isabel finishes school at 12.30 each day at the moment, we have lots of time each afternoon to (a) drive each other crazy, (b) have some fun, (c) visit friends or (d) get some useful jobs done. Today was option (d) - I fear tomorrow may have to be (b) since I volunteered to help make spoon fairies. But I won't worry about that quite yet.

Today's list of fascinating jobs involved going to two tile shops - a lovely posh one in Amersham and the rather less lovely Topps Tiles. The Posh Shop had beautiful tiles that I drooled over, much to the consternation of the shop owner, and I only went to Topps to see if they had anything vaguely similar but cheaper - they didn't, needless to say. This is a classic example of what I would term my frugal nature - I believe Husbandio would refer to it as being cheap. Much of a muchness, if you ask me. We then turned the excitement knob up a notch with a visit to the dry cleaners, and cranked it up to full volume with a trip to Boots to fill a prescription and collect my Bounty pack.

The Bounty pack sadly has nothing to do with chocolate. It's a bag of freebies to console you for being up the duff. OK, it's really meant to be full of samples of baby stuff that you'd never heard of before all this pregnancy malarkey - I wasn't hoping for much, but even then I was disappointed. I'm sure I got more last time. This time I got a sachet of Ovaltine (yummy, but not thrilling), a pot of Sudocrem which is about as big as a 50p piece, a box of toilet wipes, and a Fairy non-bio washing powder sample. Why did I waste my time? They could have really sold me on so many other items (chocolate and pampering smelly creams to ward off stretch marks spring immediately to mind). A marketing opportunity missed.

1 comment:

  1. You might like to try shopping for tiles on the internet.

    Lots of choice and better prices than the high st.

    ReplyDelete