Tuesday 10 November 2009

Post #200!

I started this blog on January 1st and have written 200 posts since then. I started writing not as a New Year's Resolution but it seemed to be a good date to start something which I'd been thinking about for some time. Until mid-April I posted every day, but the arrival of young Emily threw a spanner, or maybe a nappy, in the works. In the last month or so I've been trying to write a bit more regularly, but daily posting is proving very difficult. However, the one thing that's been a real incentive has been the discovery that I can connect the blog into my Facebook page. This has meant that I feel people are actually reading it since I get a lot more comments than I used to - and, after all, writing without an audience is a bit depressing.

When I started writing back in January I promised that the blog would contain three things: stories about things which amused me, funny things which Isabel has said, and some whinging. I think the whinging quotient may have gone down since I had Emily - most of my whinges were about the various delights of pregnancy, such as indigestion and breathing difficulties. My favourite Isabel-ism must be "Be sanguine" - I've been much calmer ever since, and when I get annoyed at something I just think "be sanguine" and it makes me feels better! And the burnt iron mark on the carpet is hidden under Emily's playmat, so it's out of sight, out of mind.

I've really enjoyed writing this blog even though some evenings I just can't get my mind to produce anything worth reading. One useful aspect is that the act of writing has kept my mind ticking over while I'm on maternity leave, which has got to be a good thing. And I've enjoyed looking back at what I've written - I hope that the kids will be able to do the same in future years. So, here's to the next 200 posts (no groaning in the peanut gallery!).

No comments:

Post a Comment