Thursday 5 November 2009

Getting out and about

Emily's now more than six months old, and today I realised that Husbandio and I haven't been out in the evening together since she's been born. After Isabel was born we went out together about six weeks afterwards for sushi to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but this time we're so used to being homebodies that not going out seems much more natural than going out. How very sad...

So, I've decided that we need to start making an effort, especially as I can see breast-feeding becoming a thing of the past within the next few weeks which will be nicely liberating. Next week we're heading out for dinner on the night when my mum stays over, and next month there's a Christmas disco at the school which might be fun. I've also got two girls' nights out this month, one to the book group (two hours trashing Shantaram, marvellous!) and one trip to the local Thai pub with the NCT girls. And then it's Christmas on the horizon - lots of potential child-free social occasions, how exciting! And fun to be had with our lovely girls too of course, but a little bit of me time and us time would be most welcome....!

No comments:

Post a Comment