Saturday 21 November 2009

Another cold? Really? Sigh....

When I picked Isabel up from school yesterday she had a really croaky voice, and as soon as I heard her I felt an ominous tickle in the back of my throat. Lo and behold, by bedtime we both had lovely colds. Hers is worse, or she's more of a drama queen, one or the other. She had a temperature of 39.1C this afternoon and looked very rosy-cheeked (even rosy-eared, that's how hot she was, poor little thing!), but we knocked that on the head with some Nurofen. She even had a big nap, which she very rarely does nowadays - fell asleep next to Husbandio on the couch while playing Farmville. Not sure whether that reflects worse on him or the game!

I can't believe how many colds I've had recently though, what's going on? I've had three in the last two months, which is just too many. I suppose it's a necessary evil of having a small child at school, but it sucks. I can't understand why I'm currently so unhealthy - I'm eating my fruit and veg, and getting some exercise (OK, not loads, but walking up and down the hill near our house or walking to school is all I can manage at the moment!). I need some kind of miracle cold shield to get me through the rest of the winter though, because this is getting silly. All suggestions gratefully, if snottily, received. And now, back to the honey and lemon tea, and large bar of Galaxy Caramel - thanks Husbandio. Sometimes buying those extra things in Sainsburys is the right thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could tell you, my daughter is on her second cold...just got over one two weeks ago and is just getting another one.

    ReplyDelete