Sunday 15 November 2009

Gearing up for the festive season

Well, the ball has started rolling - my first xmas online order should be arriving any day now (M&S had a 1p delivery on Friday, and loads of nice tops for kids, so clothes and of the course the obligatory book will be the name of the game this year!). I'm also planning a little Christmas party for Isabel - in an effort to make sure that she has more than one friend at school! I very much like the girl she's best friends with, but having a wide social circle (no sniggering in the peanut gallery) never hurt anyone, so I've drawn up a list of about 10 girls and will try to sort out a date near the end of term for some festive fun. I think an after school event will be the way to go, with activities which hopefully won't be too riotous, such as pin the tail on Rudolph, and making little Christmas trees. That, plus a seasonal pass the parcel, a round or two of Musical Statues, some free play time and a bite to eat should suffice.

The challenge is that Husbandio has declared his total disinterest in this scheme, so I'm going it alone. Which should be fine - it's feeding Emily in the midst of all this excitement that concerns me slightly! But it should be fun for Isabel, and may consolidate other budding friendships. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. try pinning the red nose on the other end of Rudolph - otherwise goodluck.I'd come and face paint but after school is after school for me too, so again - good luck1

    ReplyDelete