Friday 1 January 2010

A year of blogging successfully completed!

I said when I started this blog that it would be a place where I could:
  1. Muse and report on what's been happening in my life (check!)
  2. Report funny things which Isabel has said (check!) - I think her saying "be sanguine" to me when I dropped the iron and burned a large iron-shaped mark in the middle of the lounge carpet probably takes the prize here.
  3. The occasional whinge/rant (check!) - looking back on some previous posts, it looks as if struggling through the enormous and dreadful tome which is Shantaram, and then failing to get to the book group to vent my spleen about it seems to have been the thing which has annoyed me most this year!
I've been pretty chuffed with the progress I've made with the blog, though I say so myself. I started off being a very responsile daily blogger, but Emily's birth in April put paid to that. Since then I've probably blogged at least a couple of times a week, leading to a total of 222 posts for the year (61% of the available days - will try to do better next year!)

Over the year I've had 1,335 visits to the blog from 469 visitors. That seems like a lot - I certainly don't know 469 people. How exciting! These visitors have spent an average of 48 seconds on the site, which makes sense since I think people visit to read the current blog post, and then very sensibly go off and get on with their lives. What I can't tell is how much activity has taken place from people reading the blog through Facebook, but I must say that publishing it as an FB note is very rewarding, since I've had many more comments since linking the blog into FB.

Overall I've really enjoyed writing this, and hope that everyone reading it has been entertained. I'm looking forward to 2010. I'm even looking forward to going back to work on January 4th; stretch the brain a little, and, just as importantly, start replenishing the coffers. Husbandio's looking forward to the start of the year too I think, since he's off work now until April, looking after darling Emsy. I'd love to see him taking her to a baby singing group which I used to take her too but doubt he will - the playground in the rain may be more his style! Or perhaps some quality time in the lounge teaching her the finer points of Modern Warfare. Isabel's been having lessons in swordplay on Wii Sports Resort, so it must be time for Emily to start soon as well. So, a very Happy New Year to all - here's to a great 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your year of blogging of which I enjoy reading very much!

    ReplyDelete