Friday 19 February 2010

What's on TV?

I'm a telly addict (no, not one of those sad z-list celebs on a dodgy quiz show with Noel Edmonds, just someone who likes an evening in front of the telly). I can usually only manage an hour, but I relish that hour and always get pissed off when I accidentally fall asleep while trying to watch something. Which happens more than I'd like it to.

Currently top of my viewing list is Brothers and Sisters. I can't believe I didn't notice Series 4 was starting and had to watch the first 2 episodes on 4oD. Anyway, we've now seen the first 4 episodes, and it's as good as ever, which makes it a crying shame that not many people seem to watch it. It's got a cracking cast and great story lines, makes both Husbandio and I laugh out loud, and has also been known to move me to tears. So start watching it, everyone! You can borrow Series 1 and 2 from me, for a small fee....!

Also jostling for attention on the Sky Plus are Glee (great for when I'm in a silly mood), Wallander (the one in Swedish with subtitles - only to be watched when feeling very awake, and not suicidal), and Relocation Relocation (good backup for when I want to do something like online shopping with the telly on in the background). I've also got The Good Wife, a new series with Julianna Margulies who I loved in ER years ago, but I've not started that yet so can't comment on how good it is.

Stuff on the upstairs bedroom Sky Plus is quite different - all stuff which I watch without Husbandio. This includes Casualty, Holby City, Lost (I haven't started the final series yet, so don't tell me what's happening, on pain of death), Desperate Housewives, the new Jo Frost (Supernanny) series, and One Born Every Minute. Don't watch this last show unless you've already had children and are not planning to have any more - it's childbirth, UK style, warts and all. Goodness I'm glad that's all behind me. If you'll pardon my phrasing.

Now that I've listed this lot out, no wonder I don't have time to do anything else. But what could I possibly drop? I just thank my lucky stars that I don't watch EastEnders anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for The Good Wife. I'm really enjoying it. A bit like LA Law - but more in touch with its feminine side. I can also recommend Sister Jackie. So good that I save it on my +box for when I'm having a bad day, because I know it will cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete