Wednesday 24 February 2010

Two nights out in a row!

OK, so one of those was a work do, but nonetheless, I'm back out there, getting the late night train back home, and generally getting myself out of the house. Goodness me, it's tiring. I'm knackered tonight after two late-ish nights, and may even have to retire to bed before the magic hour of 10pm. As an aside, why does it seem acceptable to go to bed at 10.01pm, and yet 9.59pm is only allowed if you're coming down with something? I digress.

Monday night was a social event - my mum bought theatre tickets to Six Degrees of Separation and we went for dinner first in Livebait (bit of a ripoff - expensive food, and mum found five bones in her fish pie, which is not really acceptable). The play was good - I'd seen the film with Will Smith years ago and think on balance that the movie was probably better. It was short though - 90 minutes and no interval - which I appreciated since the journey home from Waterloo takes a good 90 minutes. And there's nude men in it, one of whom waves his bits and pieces about quite wildly (cue very British giggles in the audience).

Tuesday was the work do - my company has an annual "Leadership Dinner" for the hoi polloi and bigwigs of our industry, so this meant a slapup meal which started with cocktails and was accompanied by a lovely drop of Rioja. But again it was a 90 minute journey home and I didn't leave the restaurant until 10.30pm. Dashing for, and missing, the Met line train at Wembley Park, and then successfully chasing the Chiltern instead at Harrow swept away the effects of the alcohol, but I spent the night dreaming of rich food and woke up so full that I couldn't manage my breakfast until after the school run.

Got another night out planned for next week too - I won tickets to Radio 2's session with Carly Simon, so will be chilling out at Maida Vale Studios which will be really fun. Unfortunately Emily's too young to be babysat by anyone if she's not fed and put to bed by either Husbandio or self, so I'm taking the stepmother (not stepmonster, luckily!). Need to get my Best of Carly Simon out to revise beforehand!

1 comment:

  1. How lucky, I'd love to see Carly Simon.....if you cant make it for any reason I'd pay top dollar for them!

    Best wishes
    Aly
    alywhitedove@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete