Wednesday 3 February 2010

Watch a progamme when it's broadcast? Why?!

I love my Sky Plus machine. In fact, I love both my Sky Plus machines and wouldn't be without them. I remember the bad old days of setting the video for the programmes I just had to watch, and then getting very confused about what episode was on which video tape. But no more - Sky Plus came to the rescue, and a very fine thing that was too.

But. There had to be a but. The trouble is, now that I never watch anything live and since I usually sprint through the ads, I never manage to find out when new series are about to start. So far this year we've missed the start of Glee, only caught Desperate Housewives by the skin of my teeth (started taping it five minutes after it started!), and now have to watch the first two episodes of the latest series of Brothers and Sisters on 4OD. Now, I'm a big fan of BBC iPlayer, since I usually download what I want to watch and then the quality is great. But you can't do that on 4OD and sitting through the first two episodes of Glee was pretty painful. Worth it, but not exactly a pleasurable viewing experience. But for Brothers and Sisters, I'll grit my teeth - and anyone offering any spoilers will be sent packing with a flea in their ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment