Monday 15 June 2009

Tuesday is Jabs Day

Poor little Emily. Tomorrow she'll first discover that life can suck at times, and that when parents say "it's for your own good", they mean you have to endure something unpleasant, and possibly painful. Yup, having reached the grand old age of eight weeks, it's time for the poor little thing to get her first set of jabs.

While I'm not enjoying the event itself, I'm quite pleased in one way because once she's had her first few jabs I'll be happy to take her swimming, and I'm really looking forward to that. She's not going to enjoy tomorrow though, not least because injections hurt (really?), but also because she'll likely be feverish and miserable for a day or two afterwards. A mild dose of diphtheria (yes, that is spelt right, I just looked it up), polio, tetanus, whooping cough and pneumococcal infection all at the same time will do that to a girl. I think many cuddles and lots of sleep will be in order so I've got Series 2 of Grey's Anatomy already in position in the DVD player. It's a hard life....!

No comments:

Post a Comment