Thursday 18 June 2009

And I thought my brain would return post-pregnancy

While pregnant I often did stupid things, and invariably put it down to a recognised condition called pregnancy brain. I may have even blogged about this, but such is the continuing crappy state of my memory that I can't remember whether I did or not. Anyway, I digress. I've done some silly things recently as well (washing yellow dusters along with Isabel's school shirts and turning them all pale yellow was one example), but none as silly as the tale I'm about to relate.

One thing no-one wants straight after a new baby is another one. At least, Husbandio and I don't. The shop's shut as far as I'm concerned. However, that doesn't mean I want a permanent surgical solution, I'm quite happy to go back on the pill. So, at my recent six week check with the doctor I got a prescription and went to the chemist afterwards to fill it. I stuffed the little white bag with my three months' supply into the bottom of the buggy, along with other items of shopping. Walked home, up a big hill, and found, when I unpacked the buggy, that my valuable medication had disappeared. I figured out pretty quickly that it must have slid out due to the steepness of the hill, but I just didn't have the energy to walk back down. It was a hot day and I was pooped. However, when I drove back down about four hours later to collect Husbandio from the station I couldn't resist peering out of the window at the path I'd walked up earlier. And lo and behold, next to the zebra crossing at the bottom of the hill there lay a little white bag....so I slammed on the brakes, stuck my hazard lights on, leapt out, ran across the road and rescued them. Hey ho - shows that while I may be daft, at least I'm also lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment