Tuesday 30 June 2009

It's summer, and my shoulders are burnt

Typical. I slathered Isabel in so much sun cream today that she looked like a Smurf (it's a blue sun cream!) but completely forgot to put any on me. Result - shoulders the colour of cherry tomatoes. I think I forgot to put any on me because I knew I wasn't going in the sun. And I didn't - I spent most of the morning sitting outside in the shade at my regular NCT get-together, and the afternoon in the shade in a neighbour's garden watching the kids splash around in the paddling pool. The only time I was in the sun was for the school run - clearly a dangerous business. Tomorrow I'm going to bravely try to walk Isabel to school - it's more than 1.5 miles, but I figure it'll still be a nice temperature at 8am so should be quite nice. Isabel sounded keen today - remains to be seen how she feels when I have to wake her up tomorrow morning! This time I shall definitely remember the sun cream though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment