Friday 10 April 2009

Practising relaxing

A very unusual situation occurred today - Husbandio and Isabel were both out, and I was left all alone in the house for more than four hours. It was marvellous. That sounds terrible - I love the family, natch, but the only time I ever have on my own is when I'm working at home, and that just doesn't count. Today Husbandio went over to my grandmother's house to collect an armchair which I should be able to use as a breastfeeding chair, and Isabel was taken out to Cliveden by our neighbours to take part in an Easter Egg Hunt. She's very rarely out without an immediate family member for any significant amount of time (given that she's only four!), so this was quite an exciting adventure. Shame it poured with rain for most of the day - but that's the Easter long weekend for you! It's meant to rain most of tomorrow as well I think, but then brighten up for Sunday and Monday - which for a UK long weekend isn't a bad record.

I wasn't quite sure at first what to do with my unexpected free time, so I tidied the lounge and put a load of laundry in. I'm just not very good at sitting down and doing nothing, but I accept that at 8.5 months pregnant it is a good idea, so I persevered and got quite good at it after a while. I watched two old episodes of Holby City and am finally up to date, which hasn't happened since Christmas I think, and also one Desperate Housewives (OK, while doing the ironing, I had a sudden burst of energy!). The most decadent thing was that I ate my lunch in bed. The Holby episode I was watching was on our Sky Plus box upstairs, so what else could I do? It was great, I felt quite pampered. And when Isabel and Husbandio got back they were both tired, so we had a movie afternoon and watched Babe. All in all, a thoroughly relaxing day. Well done me!

No comments:

Post a Comment