Sunday 5 April 2009

Artistic tendencies (or should that be autistic?)

We had a lovely relaxing day today - well, tiring, yet relaxing, if you know what I mean. It was another day filled with family - eleven of us went to the pub near my dad's house for lunch. My aunt drove up from Bristol with my cousin, who lives in Australia and hasn't visited for almost three years, plus my cousin's son and another cousin's son. There's loads of kids in our family which makes get togethers really fun, but can be confusing for new family members - Husbandio still sometimes leans over and whispers "what's so-and-so's kid called?" or "whose child is that?" and he's now been part of this family for coming up to twelve years! We need colour-coded badges really. After the pub the boys (a ten year old, two fourteen year olds, and Husbandio, who held his own very well!) played footie on the sports field for a while which my sister and I made daisy chains for Isabel, then we all came back to our house (in a three car convoy!) for afternoon tea.

The morning was the quiet relaxing part though - Isabel decided she wanted to do some painting, and I was brave enough to allow her to do it, even in the new kitchen. Full parenting points to me, I think. Course, the table was covered in an old shower curtain and she had a large painting overall on, but nonetheless! Husbandio got up as we were getting into our artistic stride and we all ended up doing our own version of a queen (or king, in Husbandio's case). To be honest, artistic talent is not something either of us are renowned for, as you see from the pics below. Can you guess which picture belongs to each of us? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was no.


Isabel then proceeded to demonstrate that she is definitely the best artist of the three of us, with her interpretation of the weeping cherry tree outside our house which is just starting to blossom. Almost impossible to tell the difference between her picture and the real thing, if you ask me!


No comments:

Post a Comment