Thursday 9 April 2009

Online supermarket shopping

I've just placed an order for a delivery of groceries which should be with us on Saturday lunchtime. Hope so, since some of the items are for eating on Saturday lunchtime! It seemed a good time to start experimenting with this, for several reasons: shopping bags are heavy and I shouldn't really be lifting them at the moment, plus it'll be really handy after Pumpkin arrives to not have to go to the supermarket with her, at least for a little while. It seems to take just as long to do online though as it does in the store, although checkout is quicker! I'm slightly concerned about what substitutions I might get if they don't have what I want, but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it, as they say. The ordering process itself was pretty simple, but I of course kept realising I'd forgotten things, so had to go back in, add whatever it was to the order, and check out again. I think I did that three times in total, so let's hope the system doesn't charge me three times! Will report back on Saturday as to how successful the experiment has been......

In other news, Pumpkin remains firmly in place, no signs yet of any imminent arrival. I'm hoping for mid-week next week, meaning we can have a nice Easter chez famille first. So, as from Monday the menu will be full of hot curries and pineapple juice, both of which are meant to bring on labour. Actually, given the heartburn situation, we may need to re-evaluate that nearer the time, depending on how desperate I am for the baby to finally make its appearance....!

No comments:

Post a Comment