Thursday 30 April 2009

Getting into a routine

Emily's now 12 days old, and we're working on getting into a routine since, from next Tuesday, Husbandio's fortnight of paternity leave will be over and he'll be back at work. This means I need to be able to get myself, Isabel and Emily up, fed, washed and dressed in order to get to school by 8.55am - no mean feat. I've managed this once so far, and may try again tomorrow - the difficulty is my inability to predict when young Emily will wake up.

One thing is becoming clear though, and that's the interval at which she seems to want to feed, during the day at least. She can last about three hours at the moment, so I figure that by feeding at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and then once during the night I might be able to work in things like the school run and Isabel's swimming lessons without too many problems. I'm sure there are days when this won't work, and of course as Emily gets older she'll be able to go longer between feeds so I'll have to re-calculate after that. But this is the plan at the moment - I'll report back next week as to whether it works! But for now I'll sign off since the smallest member of the family is clearly aware I'm talking about her since she's kicking up a stink. And Husbandio's out seeing Wolverine, the lucky schmuck, so guess who's left holding the baby? You got it...!

No comments:

Post a Comment