Wednesday 1 April 2009

The jobs just keep on coming

There seems to be a lot to do to get ready for Pumpkin's arrival, and every time I think I'm nearing the end of the list I seem to add a few more tasks on to the bottom. I think actually it's new baby jobs plus new kitchen-related jobs - today we spent some thrilling times taking things back to Homebase and Topps Tiles which we hadn't used. Well, seems a shame to throw money down the drain by not returning things like tile adhesive, can't see us having a family tiling afternoon! But there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel - Pumpkin's room looks pretty much ready (not that she'll be in it for six months or so!), the garage is clear-ish and looks tidy at any rate, and the kitchen is now in tip top shape. Apart from the oven door of course!

I think that means it must be time for a couple of quieter days - I was going to suggest a trip to IKEA to check out curtains for the kitchen, but just can't be bothered. We did have some chilling out time today while waiting in for the cooker engineer to verify that the door had indeed exploded ("ooh, never seen that happen before etc") but more of the same would be nice. We watched Quantum of Solace after lunch which I'd been keen to see for months, and of course I managed to sleep through a good 45 minutes of it - curses! Having slept through two other films in the last few days (Wanted and Iron Man), it's starting to get aggravating. I'll have to do more ironing while watching movies - sleeping while standing up is beyond even me!

No comments:

Post a Comment