Monday 27 April 2009

Getting back to my old self

After I'd had Isabel I remember feeling sorry that I wasn't pregnant any longer - not the case this time around. This time I'm hugely pleased that Emily's finally here, and that my body is my own again. Well, other than the bosoms of course, those are being shared for the next year or so!

I really enjoyed the whole process of being pregnant first time round - no morning sickness, and a very smooth pregnancy all told. Isabel was a very wiggly baby when still inside which was fun, and I quite enjoyed being treated as slightly fragile with people giving me a seat left, right and centre. With Emily, I again didn't have any morning sickness, but I was ill early on with chest infections and asthma, which was pretty miserable, and since looking after a four year old is quite an active job I never really had the time to relax, wallow and enjoy the pregnancy. And Emily was not a wiggly baby at all, so I spent quite a bit of time worrying whether she was still OK in there. Luckily this has carried on outside - she's a very sleepy baby, which suits me fine!

The most exciting things so far about not being pregnant are:
  • I can bend down and pick something up off the floor without the whole operation requiring military planning
  • I can eat peanuts!!! (and have a large bowl of chocolate peanuts in front of me as I'm writing this). And pate - we bought some at the weekend and I almost turned a cartwheel in Sainsbury's with excitement.
  • I have the contents of my wardrobe back. OK, not everything fits yet, but I am in a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans for the first time today, and just saw my weight dip below the 10 stone mark. Hmm, perhaps those choc peanuts weren't a good idea after all!
This pregnancy shop is now definitely closed - I enjoyed it, but I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment