Tuesday 20 October 2009

Walk to school week - pah

It's Walk To School week at Isabel's school this week, and as far as I'm concerned it is a complete waste of time. In fact, it's a pain in the bum. Since the school she attends is in a small village, most of the kids come from a fair distance away - we live about 1.5 miles away, but some kids live up to five miles away from the school. Walk to School week is therefore a misnomer - it's actually "Park in the pub car park and walk to school from there" week. We have walked all the way in the past (well, I've walked and Isabel has scooted) but she's knackered when she arrives and, since I'm now trying to give two small people and myself some breakfast before we leave, trying to get out of the house by 8.10am would be well nigh impossible.

But, I appreciate the sentiment of giving them some exercise, and therefore we always park in the pub car park and walk from there whether it's walk to school week or not. However, now everyone's trying to park there and we couldn't get a space on Monday, which really got my goat. I ended up parking almost on top of a big pile of kindling (well, it's a 4x4, I figure it can handle this kind of thing). All Walk to School week has done is to make everyone park a few hundred yards further down the road, moving what is not really a great deal of congestion into another location. And getting in my way!

Ooh, rant over, that's better....!

No comments:

Post a Comment