Friday 30 October 2009

Sickness and disease....

Oh dear. Emsy woke up this morning with a bright red face, and has felt hot all day, even though it's not registered on the thermometer. I think it's just a feverish cold since her nose streamed all day, and she could barely keep her eyes open. When she was awake, all she wanted to do was sit on me and gaze into the middle distance. However, she takes after her mother and still managed to eat quite well, so she can't be that ill!

We therefore had an 'at home' day today to mark the end of half term - made a birthday card, did some colouring, and even got creative in the kitchen. Isabel watched I Can Cook on CBeebies in the morning and decided she wanted to make Chocolate and Mandarin Pudding - I'm never one to turn down pudding, so we bought some mandarins and she made quite a nice little chocolatey/orangey trifle thing. Yummy! Might try some more of their recipes another day - I like the idea of her making my dinner for a change.

Having popped Emily down for the night at 7pm, Isabel then had a bubble bath and, during the bath, began to sniff. Looks like she's got the bug too. So, having dosed one up with antibiotics and Calpol and the other with Medised, I'm now settling down with a cup of tea and some Daim bar cake. That counts as an exciting evening round these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment