Saturday 17 October 2009

Feet

Feet are not a topic I thought I'd ever be writing about, but here I am. I like feet, not in a dubious way, but I'm not one of those people who hate other people's feet. I've always been careful with my own feet, regular pumicing and moisturising, and have never really worn heels or tried to crush my feet into shoes which don't fit. My idea of a nightmare is to have worn new shoes to work and to then have to limp around all day.

As a result of this, I've always been careful with Isabel's feet - no tight socks when she was a baby, and only properly fitted shoes from Clarks or Start-Rite. But today I did something I didn't think I'd ever do - bought unfitted shoes (boots, actually) from a non-shoe shop. Worse than that, they look like Uggs. I did this for several reasons - first of all, they look comfy and certainly won't pinch. And they'll keep her feet warm. She probably won't wear them much since they're not suitable for school (they're purple...!) but they'll see her through the winter. And they were cheap. But I still feel slightly guilty....I promise to take her back to Clark's for new school shoes though!

No comments:

Post a Comment