Sunday 25 October 2009

Sleep

Emily's been sleeeping through for a couple of weeks now, and I thought that this would mean I'd be able to reclaim my ability to sleep like a log for a good eight hours at a stretch. Not so, unfortunately. Problems which have been interfering with my sleep have been many and various, including:
  1. Over-sensitivity to any slight noise coming through the baby monitor. She occasionally does a little mini screech and then goes straight back to sleep, leaving me poised for flight for at least half an hour.
  2. Falling deeply asleep on the couch and then going to bed and not being able to get back to sleep for ages.
  3. Eldest child waking me up because she has a sore bottom (no kidding, this kept her up for nearly two hours until we sat her in a warm bath. At 2am. Sheesh.) or has had a nightmare.
  4. Waking up early in preparation for being woken, which is just ridiculous. My alarm's been set for 6.50am but I've been up before it every day for a week. I daren't not set it though!
Having the clocks change today didn't help - Emsy woke up at 5am, so I left her chattering hoping she'd fall back to sleep, which she did at about 5.30am. But I didn't. By about 6.15am I gave it up as a bad lot and decided to turn my light on to read my book - and she woke up again after I'd read a page and a half. She's clearly hard-wired to my actions! So, off to bed now to try to get a good few hours in, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment