Sunday 27 June 2010

What's six weeks off between friends?

I've had a small handful (OK, three) people in the last week comment that they've noticed I've stopped blogging. And I have. Or had, since here I am, tapping away. See, flattery will get you everywhere - all I needed was a little recognition, and some ego massage. How pathetic.

So, what's happened in the last six weeks? England are out of the World Cup for one thing, which got me to wondering why anyone is surprised. We've played badly in almost every match, and finally got what we deserved. IMHO. And to be honest, I'm glad it's all over - the desperate expectation which you know will remain unfulfilled becomes just too painful to watch after a while.

In other news, Emily is now walking. She looks like a small drunken zombie - arms often stuck straight out in front of her, and with a distinct list to the left. Very cute anyhow. Isabel's only got 3 1/2 weeks left in Year One, which is surreal since I'm sure she only started Reception about a month ago. And she learnt to ride a bike this weekend. Now she just needs to master starting my herself, stopping, and turning!

Anyway, I shall try to be a better blogger. It's tricky to get up motivation some evenings, since all I do is spend all day tapping away at the laptop - sitting down in my free time with the same laptop can be depressing. But since I enjoy reading other people's blogs so much, I'll do my best. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, here's some photos which represent the last six weeks....

We ventured East, and saw the Thames Barrier

Safely back in the west, at Donkey Derby!

We celebrated Fathers Day with some high fives...

One of us moved from babyhood to toddler status
We all enjoyed the hot weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment