Monday 28 June 2010

Another working from home benefit

You can actually enjoy the summer, instead of sweating away on the Tube, and then shivering in air conditioning all day. I moved out into the garden today, thanks to the judicious use of an extension cable, and the miracle of hands free phones. After a while (don't read this if you did get all hot and sweaty on the Tube today!) I even got a bit chilly because even though it was hot, it was breezy, so I ended up fetching a cardie and my crocs. My circulation isn't what it once was, clearly!

Isabel had her school trip today, to a local "environmental centre" - I think that means it's a shed in the middle of some woods and meadows. Anyway, it's only about 3 miles away, and the trip cost £16 each, which I thought was really expensive, considering they had to bring a packed lunch. She seemed to have a good day though, despite tripping over on the path on the way to the coach! Still, another child got stung on the neck by a bee so Isabel got away quite lightly, all things considered.

She also had a tricky moment when being dropped off at school. Apparently she missed me after I'd dropped her and burst into tears, so one of the teachers ran out to find me. I was out the gate by that point, and kind of wished she hadn't found me since I don't want Isabel thinking that I can be called back at her whim - she got kissed and dropped off as per usual, and had no reason for being upset, other than her own inner demons. Anyway, I calmed her down a little, and she went back to her classroom. Poor little thing - it happens quite often, and I have no idea what to do about it. Emily cries when being dropped off at nursery far less often than Isabel does at school. Sigh. Any ideas gratefully received.....

No comments:

Post a Comment