Tuesday 9 March 2010

Teething

Emily's been teething the last few days, and we've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of at least one of her two top teeth, but to no avail. Her gums were all puffy and sore for a couple of days, making her most grouchy, but the teeth seem to have decided that it wasn't the right time, and have settled back down where they were.

Isabel's got the opposite problem - losing teeth. She's just got her first two wobbly teeth - and it's the same as the two teeth than Emily already owns. If Isabel's come out before Emily's top teeth come in then they'll have a full set between them! I thought I'd be really squeamish about wobbly teeth, but I didn't feel too bad when I saw them yesterday. Well, other than the heart-wrenching knowledge that this is yet another step on the long road towards growing up - sob! I'm not surprised she's started with the bottom two teeth - all the thumb sucking over the years has pushed them into a funny angle, so she's probably loosened them. I wonder how long they'll take to come out. I can't believe my baby's nearly got adult teeth, to match her almost adult size feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment