Wednesday 24 March 2010

I'm catching up with life, honest I am

I feel like I'm running just to stand still at the moment. Work is, as it always does, expanding to fit the time available, and then spilling over wherever possible. That's reasonably easy to deal with as Husbandio is off work and therefore available for childcare should the need arise, but he's back to work on 1st April, so it could all fall apart then. To prepare myself, I'm catching up with everything else - I've just filed a backlog of photos dating back to last August, and spent 3 nights last week working my way through the ironing mountain.

The blog has suffered, inevitably. Part of this is because after spending all day in front of a laptop, the last thing I fancy in the evening is sitting in the lounge with the laptop open. After work, I tend to shut the machine down, and leave it upstairs in the office. If I don't, then people either Skype me or e-mail me, and frankly, after 9pm I just don't want to know any more.

I could also blame lack of blogging at the weekend on a small yet significant incident involving a cup of water, a 5 year old, and a laptop. It was not a good combination. To her credit, Isabel apologised profusely, using several plaintively written notes. Despite putting the machine in the recovery position in the airing cupboard, it was not happy the following day. Fortunately it turned out that the keyboard was the problem, nothing worse than that. Our outsourced IT company tried to charge me £260 to replace the keyboard, but I managed to get a cheap keyboard from eBay for £19, and then found a lovely laptop repair fellow in Amersham to fit it for £10. Bargain! Gawd bless local tradesmen. He saved Isabel's life, that's for sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment