Saturday 17 April 2010

She's turning one!

Tomorrow is Emily's first birthday, and I can't believe it's here already. It's been one of the fastest years of my life, as opposed to Isabel's first year which was without a doubt the longest year of my life! I think this is partly because Isabel's at school - those terms shoot past awfully quickly.

We've not got Emily much for her birthday - a tunnel for the garden, and a couple of other toys, but we are having a little party as we did with Emily. Lots of other babies coming, about 10 in total, and a few token grown-ups of course. And a cake from Costco - where else do people get cakes for large numbers of people? Costco do a personalised cake which easily serves about 40 people, and it's £12. £12!!!! If you were to order a cake like that from a bakery it'd set you back about £80 - I know, I've investigated the options before.

Thank goodness we're predicted good weather, or I don't know where everyone would end up - today was glorious and tomorrow's meant to be the same, which is amazing for April. Isabel's been scooting around all day in a little summer dress and flip flops, and I've even painted my toenails for the first time this year. But this is what happened last year - April, May and June were nice, lulling us all into a false sense of security, and then the summer itself was a bunch of arse. This year we shall flee the country in search of better weather.

Anyway, here's to you darling Emsy - happy birthday for tomorrow! I hope next year goes a little slower though, so I get the chance to enjoy it as it scoots past.

No comments:

Post a Comment