Tuesday 27 April 2010

Putting the squeak back in the squeaker

There is a penguin in Toy Story 2 which loses its squeak - I'm sure you remember it. Well, even though Emily has not yet seen Toy Story 2, she did a cracking impression of that penguin over the course of this weekend.
I got her up on Saturday morning and when she opened her mouth to say "ba ba ba ba" or something equally intellectual, all that came out was a hoarse, high-pitched little croak. "Croak", she said, "croak, croak". She didn't seem desperately fussed but did look a bit confused. Over the course of the weekend her throat got more and more sore so we kept dosing her with ibuprofen - luckily the doctor says it hasn't progressed to the state of a throat infection, and she seems better today.
It didn't help that her second top incisor came through on Sunday, so she was croaky and dribbly. And when I say dribbly, I mean dribbly. She went through 3 or 4 bibs each day, and they were soaked - when I dropped one into the laundry basket it went "plop" - not really the noise I was expecting from a bib! Yuck.
And all this of course means that she's not keen on food. I fooled her into some weetabix and banana this morning but with some difficulty. However, she has discovered the deliciousness that is Angel Delight, so she'll have a diet of Petit Filous and Angel Delight until her appetite returns. I can't tell you how jealous I am.....

No comments:

Post a Comment