Tuesday 8 December 2009

Am I trying to squeeze too much in?

I was almost late picking Isabel up from school today, which has never happened before. Usually I'm a couple of minutes early and look scornfully at other parents sprinting through the school gates after the bell's rung, panting and red in the face. But that was me today. I met up with my NCT group and slightly underestimated how long it would take me to get back - I arrived about 60 seconds before the bell, but had to park on a roundabout and then battle the buggy out of the boot so Isabel was already in the playground looking around nervously when I arrived. Thank goodness I wasn't any later, she might have wandered out trying to find me. She now knows to stay by her classroom until I arrive, should I ever be late again!

Which may well be tomorrow. I've booked myself a crazy day, which will go as follows:
Shower
Children dressed and breakfasted
School run
Emily's Babyland class
Drive to Twickenham
Lunch with school friends
Drive back home
School run
Collect mother from train station
Take Isabel to swimming lesson
Feed children and rest of family
Bathtime and bedtime
Out for curry with the other mums from Isabel's school year
Pass out

I must be mad! But I've prepped as much as possible - lunch for both children is made, cup of tea for breakfast has been laid out, Isabel's school bag is packed, Emily's day bag is packed, but I must have forgotten something....ah yes, charge iPod, I'll be needing The Now Show and Jonathan Ross to accompany me on the drive. Wish me luck......!

No comments:

Post a Comment