Wednesday 29 July 2009

Sneaky girl, to a certain extent

Isabel and I are having moments, since we're currently together all day every day, of rubbing each other up the wrong way. The same moment occurs every day when I have to brush her hair which she hates because it's always really tangly in the mornings (mainly because she twists it in her sleep while she's sucking her thumb). Anyway, brushing is a torture for her.

Today it was all going well until we hit a big knot, and she got cross with me and eventually tried to take a swipe at me. Physical violence is a big no-no for me, I won't stand for her hitting or kicking out, no matter how cross or over-excited she gets. So I said she wouldn't be allowed any more television for the rest of the day. She agreed (like she had a choice!) and made me promise not to tell Daddy, who is clearly scarier than me!

Then, this evening, she asked whether she could have some songs after dinner. This basically means she and Husbandio flicking through the vinyl, and then dancing around the lounge to Blondie and songs from Grease. Husbandio agreed, and Isabel later came and found me in the kitchen and whispered "I'm doing songs with Daddy later so that I don't have to tell him why I'm not allowed any television"! Bless...!

No comments:

Post a Comment