Tuesday 12 May 2009

Is that a light I see at the end of the tunnel?

I'm a creature of habit, and when I first started writing this blog I would sit down after Isabel was in bed for some blog time before watching a bit of TV and then hitting the hay. Emily's arrival has knocked that sideways since, like all tiny babies, she's usually up in the evenings until between 10-11pm. That's never been my best time of day, making it tricky to get any blog posts written.

However, the last two days she's been in bed by 10pm (i.e. final feed starting around 9pm) which is a really good sign. If we can ease that gradually towards 9pm and then 8pm that will give us our evenings back, which will be marvellous, both in terms of amount of sleep, and also just in regard to feeling like a normal adult with the ability to have a couple of hours each day to do grown up things. Like watch TV - how sad that watching TV is the choice I make when I have free time. I really should take up knitting or something to try to be a bit more creative and constructive. I guess I could do that, and combine it with watching TV....!

No comments:

Post a Comment