Saturday 10 July 2010

Fete Accompli

There's nothing quite like a local fete for gathering both tat and bargains. We double-feted today, attending first Isabel's school fete, and then my dad's local village fete. Got some real bargains - lovely kids books at the school fete at 20p a pop (and adults' books for £1) = I spent a fiver and we're set for weeks to come. Also some excellent samosas and other Asian food, thanks to the large Asian community at the school, plus delish cakes, and an ice cream van. Who could ask for more?

The village fete also had its attractions - a Puma helicopter which we watched take off and fly away (very cool!) and Isabel managed to get my dad to buy her a doll in its own rocking cot with blankets. For a bargainous £7! The doll's a bit scary to my mind, but Isabel seems to like her. And Husbandio bought me a necklace, how kind - for 10p! We do love a bargain.

The only other thing I managed to get, unfortunately, was a touch of sunburn, so I think I'm off to relax with one of my new books - adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment