Monday 19 July 2010

The busy dancer

I've been trying to work out how to reduce the number of things Isabel does after school, but she seems to like them all and it's tough working out what to drop. She currently does ballet and tap on Saturday morning, disco and drama on Monday evening, swimming on Wednesday and tennis on Fridays. I think we'll drop tennis, but I'm thinking of taking her to Beavers instead on Fridays, it sounds really fun. It's like a precursor to Cubs and Scouts, and several of her friends do it already. Trouble is, she also wants to do trampolining on Sunday mornings. It's making me knackered just thinking about it!

I'd pretty much decided to let her drop the ballet and disco, but then she had her annual show in our local theatre on Saturday, and it was so good that I think I've changed my mind. She really seemed to enjoy it, and even though she was exhausted by the end it was definitely worth it. It's been a great confidence builder for her - she always skips into her ballet lessons while she's often reluctant to go into school. I think we'll just let the summer go by and see what happens, no real need to decide now. Only two more days of school and then she's off until September - yay! Mind you, we already have lots of plans with a trip to Canada and a couple of weeks going to Supercamps. Wish I had 6 weeks off too.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment